The safety of both members and staff is priority to Tower Project. We are taking vast and thorough precautions to tackle Coronavirus and to ensure everyone is best advised, safe and supported. The following is an example of the important steps we are taking:
- Minimise contact with individuals who are unwell
- Clean your hands often
- Robust hand and respiratory hygiene (catch it, bin it, kill it)
- Enhanced cleaning, including cleaning frequently touched surfaces often
- Minimise contact and mixing
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Implementing Social distancing measures
- Removal of Soft furnishings
- Reducing the use of shared resources/equipment
- Air flow and ventilation increased by opening windows
- Active engagement with NHS Test and Trace
- Weekly PCR testing undertaken by all staff
- Weekly Lateral Flow Testing for all staff
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine of all staff
- Where it is practical for service delivery, work times will be adjusted to avoid peak time travel.
- Adaptations to the Tower Projects buildings have been implemented to support social distancing, including floor markings, layout changes, one-way systems, room reconfigurations, workstation reductions and areas restricted in use.
- Signage will be prominently placed around the building to remind and support building users to keep a 2 -metre distance when safe to do so and follow building rules.
- All staff will be expected to report to Managers any concerns regarding social distancing measures and report staff or services users that are not following social distancing measures or highlight where this may not be possible and implement adaptations.
- All Tower Project staff have received infection control training.
- Building control arrangements have been reviewed and additional areas of entrance and exit have been introduced to support the development of delivery bubbles.
- To support social distancing the service will introduce fixed team bubbles for staff and service users.
- Tower Project vehicles and minibuses follow the Risk Assessment and advice contained within https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-safer-transport-guidance-for-operators.
- Staff that are clinically extremely vulnerable or clinically vulnerable and people who care for someone who is clinically extremely vulnerable or vulnerable will be identified and Government guidance regarding ability to work in COVID Secure environment.
- Any staff identified will be referred to Human Resources to undertake an individual risk assessment and identify any adjustments required to work activities.
- Service users who are clinically vulnerable/vulnerable will be identified through their individual risk assessments and a range of additional control measures could be put in place.
- The Tower Project has provided a risk assessment for its drivers/vehicles following
the government guidelines https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/vehicles
You can read our full protection and prevention control policy below.
Like many other organisations, the Tower Project is operating in line with government guidelines due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please see below for updates and the status of each service.
We appreciate that these are very uncertain times and we are monitoring the situation alongside government advice to make sure we can provide the best support for staff and all of our members with the resources available to us.
We will update you of service changes as and when we can.
Please continue to check our social media platforms and our website for regular updates regarding all of our services and please visit the following website for health information and advice: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/.
Thank you for your understanding and support during this difficult time.
Our Children's Service has now reopened under strict social distancing guidelines. For any further information you can email [email protected]
Our Youth Service has reopened to our young people under strict social distancing guidelines. For any further information you can email [email protected]
JET (JOB, ENTERPRISE AND TRAINING) SERVICE
JET are providing its usual service which will be within social distancing guidelines on site and also operating remotely when required. For further information you can email [email protected]
DAY OPPORTUNITIES SERVICES' - NEW DAWN AND FIRST START
Both of our Day Opportunities Services' New Dawn and First Start reopened with a reduced number of clients and under government guidelines. The services' continue to act as hub and staff maintain regular contact with all members and families. For further information you can contact New Dawn Manager [email protected] or for First Start [email protected].
Our Supported Living service is fully operational and fully staffed, however, in line with government guidance we would request that visits to our supported living projects are limited for all non-urgent purposes until further notice. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation at this time.